Ventura County News
3 arrested for marijuana sales, money-laundering
VENTURA COUNTY, Calif. (KABC) -- The Ventura County Sheriff's Dept. announced three marijuana-related arrests Sunday.
Sherman Oaks resident Bleau Garner, 33; Camarillo resident Edward Welsh, 52; and Camarillo resident Michael Dallape, 20, were arrested, according to the sheriff's department.
Garner was arrested for sales of marijuana, possession of marijuana, and conspiracy.
According to the department, Garner owns the Ventura County Community Collective and was responsible for coordinating the sales of marijuana in Ventura County using a mobile delivery method.
Garner posted bail of $25,000 and is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
Welsh was arrested for two counts of money laundering, sales of marijuana, and conspiracy. Welsh, a mortgage broker, is suspected of setting up a bank account in the name of an unrelated non-profit corporation called the Ventura County Community Patient Resource Center and then laundering money from the sales of marijuana from the Ventura County Community Collective through the financial institution.
Welsh remains in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned in Ventura County Superior Court Tuesday.
Dallape was arrested for sales of marijuana, possession of marijuana, and conspiracy. Dallape was allegedly a "dispatcher" for the illegal operation and coordinated day-to-day sales of marijuana, according to the department.
Dallape remains in custody and is scheduled to be arraigned in Ventura County Superior Court Tuesday.
arrest, marijuana, marijuana clinic, medical marijuana, ventura county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2