Ventura County News
Ventura freeway sign tagging suspect arrested
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura resident Nathan Ramirez, 20, was arrested Tuesday for vandalizing a freeway overpass sign.
Ventura police received a report of a man graffiti "tagging" the Seaward Avenue bridge over the 101 Freeway at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers responded and found Ramirez standing on the freeway sign attached to the overpass bridge on the northbound 101 side. Officers illuminated the suspect with a spotlight.
Ramirez climbed back over the bridge fence to get back to Seaward Ave. He then reportedly struggled with officers and refused to follow orders. The suspect was subdued after a brief struggle, according to police.
Ramirez sustained a minor injury that was medically evaluated at Ventura County Medical Center. He was subsequently booked at the Ventura County Jail on a charge of vandalizing a freeway overpass sign.
No officers were injured in the incident.
arrest, vandalism, ventura county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'