Ventura County News
Federal grant awarded to save McGrath State Beach
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A federal grant has come through to help save McGrath State Beach in Oxnard.
California State Parks needs a half-million dollars to repair a sewer line that runs over the Santa Clara River from the campground.
The federal government has awarded a $250,000 grant. That would combine with funds from the state, the cities of Oxnard and Ventura and a private donor to pay for the repair.
The private donor gift of $50,000 is expected to be announced next week.
beach, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 48 min ago
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 21 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD 20 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 44 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate