Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks man arrested in Simi Valley pursuit
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks man was arrested for evading police in Simi Valley Thursday morning.
A Simi Valley police officer attempted to stop a speeding car, a black Pontiac Grand Am, for speeding at about 12:53 a.m. near the intersection of First Street and Royal Avenue in Simi Valley. The driver did not pull over, and the officer initiated a pursuit of the vehicle.
The driver led the officer through Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Camarillo. The pursuing officer successfully engaged a PIT maneuver on the suspect near Central Avenue in Camarillo.
Norman Salazar, 39, was arrested for felony evading. He was found to have an outstanding parole violation. He was booked at Ventura County Main Jail.
pursuit, arrest, ventura county news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 57 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 5 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder 37 min ago
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia 48 min ago
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10