Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks man arrested in Simi Valley pursuit
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks man was arrested for evading police in Simi Valley Thursday morning.
A Simi Valley police officer attempted to stop a speeding car, a black Pontiac Grand Am, for speeding at about 12:53 a.m. near the intersection of First Street and Royal Avenue in Simi Valley. The driver did not pull over, and the officer initiated a pursuit of the vehicle.
The driver led the officer through Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Camarillo. The pursuing officer successfully engaged a PIT maneuver on the suspect near Central Avenue in Camarillo.
Norman Salazar, 39, was arrested for felony evading. He was found to have an outstanding parole violation. He was booked at Ventura County Main Jail.
pursuit, arrest, ventura county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 57 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour