Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks man arrested in Simi Valley pursuit
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks man was arrested for evading police in Simi Valley Thursday morning.
A Simi Valley police officer attempted to stop a speeding car, a black Pontiac Grand Am, for speeding at about 12:53 a.m. near the intersection of First Street and Royal Avenue in Simi Valley. The driver did not pull over, and the officer initiated a pursuit of the vehicle.
The driver led the officer through Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Camarillo. The pursuing officer successfully engaged a PIT maneuver on the suspect near Central Avenue in Camarillo.
Norman Salazar, 39, was arrested for felony evading. He was found to have an outstanding parole violation. He was booked at Ventura County Main Jail.
pursuit, arrest, ventura county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks