Ventura County News
Ventura man arrested for setting fires, breaking into cars
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura man has been arrested after police say he set two fires and broke into at least two vehicles.
Fire crews responded to a vehicle fire near Johnson Drive and Ralston Street and a structure fire on the 1500 block of Towhee Court on Saturday.
At the second scene, police stopped 19-year-old Robert Harrison after seeing him drive into a nearby nursery with his headlights off.
Officers said Harrison had stolen items from two cars in the same complex where the structure fire happened.
Authorities found evidence that Harrison had started the fires, and they also found he was in possession of methamphetamine.
Harrison was booked at Ventura County Jail for two counts of arson, possession of stolen property and possession of a controlled substance.
arrest, arson, ventura county news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city 7 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'