Ventura County News
Crews rupture gas line, ignites Ventura fire
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire erupted in Ventura on Thursday afternoon after a gas line was ruptured in the city's water system.
The fire started around 1 p.m. in the 1500 block of Morse Avenue. Authorities said the line was ruptured by equipment used by crews repairing the city's water system at the time. Ignition of the fire occurred due to static electricity build-up caused by the free-flowing gas.
Firefighters responded and contained the fire at the source. No injuries were reported.
Business along Morse Avenue between Market and Transport streets were briefly interrupted but remained open. Occupants in the businesses were advised to remain sheltered in place.
fire, ventura county news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 13 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 26 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 1 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
40 min ago