Ventura County News
Simi Valley massage parlors nabbed in prostitution sting
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Workers with three Simi Valley massage parlors were arrested in an undercover operation targeting prostitution.
Officers with the Simi Valley Police Department's Special Operations Unit arrested massage therapists at JJ Spa, VIP Massage and Siam Thai Massage after undercover officers were solicited for specific sex acts.
Xiu Cui, 49, of Santa Paula, Xiao Shi, 36, of Reseda and Surattana Somlap, 25, of Porter Ranch were arrested.
Each massage therapist was cited for soliciting money in exchange for sexual acts, which is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine or imprisonment.
The undercover operation was conducted from Jan. 19 to Jan. 24 across various massage shops in the area. The investigators worked off tips from citizens and intelligence gathered by officers.
Authorities say the sting is not the end of the operation. Police said officers will continue to target suspicious massage parlors and clientele who frequent such businesses to engage in prostitution.
If you have any information about suspected prostitution in the area, you're urged to call the Special Operations Unit at (805) 583-6950.
arrest, ventura county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 33 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 31 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 21 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks