Ventura County News
Fake bomb planted at Moorpark police station
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moorpark man faces criminal charges after allegedly leaving a bottle full of liquid and a threatening note outside that city's police station.
Ventura County sheriff's deputies said they got an anonymous 911 call about a suspicious package in front of the Moorpark police station at around noon on Saturday.
The bomb squad and hazmat teams were called in and they discovered a bottle containing liquid along with a threatening note.
Investigators cordoned off the area to investigate, and they discovered the bottle wasn't a real explosive.
Authorities tracked down the person who originally called deputies. Jorque Loza, 43, was arrested for planting a fake device. He was booked and held on $250,000 bail.
A grammatical error was fixed in the headline of this article.
suspicious object, arrest, ventura county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 41 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 3 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 2 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 11 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 16 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...