Ventura County News
Fake bomb planted at Moorpark police station
MOORPARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moorpark man faces criminal charges after allegedly leaving a bottle full of liquid and a threatening note outside that city's police station.
Ventura County sheriff's deputies said they got an anonymous 911 call about a suspicious package in front of the Moorpark police station at around noon on Saturday.
The bomb squad and hazmat teams were called in and they discovered a bottle containing liquid along with a threatening note.
Investigators cordoned off the area to investigate, and they discovered the bottle wasn't a real explosive.
Authorities tracked down the person who originally called deputies. Jorque Loza, 43, was arrested for planting a fake device. He was booked and held on $250,000 bail.
A grammatical error was fixed in the headline of this article.
suspicious object, arrest, ventura county news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 42 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
29 min ago
- Study: Small hits in sports affect kids'...
14 min ago