Ventura County News
Burglary suspects open fire in Oxnard home
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard police are searching for three men who opened fired during an attempted burglary Sunday night.
Authorities said that the three suspects entered the residence on Poplar Street around 9:30 p.m. and confronted the victim with a handgun. A struggle ensued over the gun, and the victim was able to lock the men outside the residence.
Police say that one of the suspects fired several shots into the residence, before fleeing the area in a vehicle. Nobody was injured by the gunfire.
The suspects are described as male Hispanics, between 18 and 20 years old. Anyone with information is urged to contact authorities at (805) 486-6228. If you would like to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
burglary, ventura county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event