Ventura County News
Naked teen arrested in Ventura for breaking into cars
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 15-year-old boy, naked and apparently under the influence of a controlled substance, was arrested for breaking into cars in Ventura, police said.
Ventura police said they received a 911 call about 2:35 a.m. Saturday of a suspect breaking into cars near the 3100 block of Entrada Drive.
Arriving officers found the boy, whose named was not released because he is a minor, hiding behind a trash enclosure. He fled from police but was later arrested.
Investigators said the suspect was under the influence and had removed all of his clothing but his socks without realizing he had done so.
He was treated at Ventura County Medical Center and was later booked into Ventura County Juvenile Hall for vehicle tampering, being under the influence of a controlled substance and resisting arrest.
Police said the boy had rummaged through several unlocked cars but did not take anything.
arrest, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 14 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 39 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)