Ventura County News
Naked teen arrested in Ventura for breaking into cars
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 15-year-old boy, naked and apparently under the influence of a controlled substance, was arrested for breaking into cars in Ventura, police said.
Ventura police said they received a 911 call about 2:35 a.m. Saturday of a suspect breaking into cars near the 3100 block of Entrada Drive.
Arriving officers found the boy, whose named was not released because he is a minor, hiding behind a trash enclosure. He fled from police but was later arrested.
Investigators said the suspect was under the influence and had removed all of his clothing but his socks without realizing he had done so.
He was treated at Ventura County Medical Center and was later booked into Ventura County Juvenile Hall for vehicle tampering, being under the influence of a controlled substance and resisting arrest.
Police said the boy had rummaged through several unlocked cars but did not take anything.
arrest, ventura county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees