Ventura County News
Naked teen arrested in Ventura for breaking into cars
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 15-year-old boy, naked and apparently under the influence of a controlled substance, was arrested for breaking into cars in Ventura, police said.
Ventura police said they received a 911 call about 2:35 a.m. Saturday of a suspect breaking into cars near the 3100 block of Entrada Drive.
Arriving officers found the boy, whose named was not released because he is a minor, hiding behind a trash enclosure. He fled from police but was later arrested.
Investigators said the suspect was under the influence and had removed all of his clothing but his socks without realizing he had done so.
He was treated at Ventura County Medical Center and was later booked into Ventura County Juvenile Hall for vehicle tampering, being under the influence of a controlled substance and resisting arrest.
Police said the boy had rummaged through several unlocked cars but did not take anything.
arrest, ventura county news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear 7 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 31 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy