Ventura County News
Robbery, attempted rape suspects wanted in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard police are searching for two suspects in a robbery, assault and attempted rape that took place Thursday.
Police were called to a report of a robbery at a business on the 800 block of Wagon Wheel Road at 6:40 p.m. Thursday.
Officers found a woman who had been robbed and beaten at the business.
Two Hispanic men allegedly entered the business and held the victim at knifepoint while they took money and video equipment. Police said both men were armed.
One of the suspects then left the business and went to a vehicle in the parking lot. Police say the second suspect physically assaulted the woman and threatened to rape her. The woman struggled with the attacker, who then fled to the car waiting outside.
Police believe the suspects drove toward the 101 Freeway in a gray or beige 4-door Honda or Infiniti.
The first suspect was described as a bald Hispanic male about 23-24 years old, standing 5 feet 5 inches tall with a heavy build, wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans.
The second suspect was described as a Hispanic male about the same age, standing 5 feet 8 inches tall with a thin build and wearing a black jacket.
The two suspects are wanted for robbery with intent to commit rape.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact Detective Jose Velazquez at (805) 385-3982. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. You can also visit this site Ventura County Crime Stoppers to submit a tip via text or email.
robbery, sexual assault, ventura county news
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 18 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak'
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised