Ventura County News
Oxnard teacher still on leave over porn case
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A porn star turned teacher is on leave, but she still has her job in Oxnard.
Stacie Halas, a teacher at Richard Haydock Intermediate School, got into hot water with the Oxnard School District when her eighth grade students spotted her in porn videos on the Internet. The videos were made several years ago in San Diego.
District administrators have held at least one lengthy meeting about Halas and her past. She remains on administrative leave while the district hires legal counsel and tries to reach a decision on her future.
school, ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 33 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role