Ventura County News
Pit bull under quarantine after biting boy's face in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A pit bull that bit a 2-year-old boy in the face in Oxnard on Sunday was under quarantine and in the custody of Ventura County Animal Services as of Tuesday, the Oxnard Police Department said.
The dog's owners said they were babysitting the 2-year-old at their home Sunday afternoon. The pit bull lunged for a piece of candy the boy was holding, but bit the boy's face in the process. The child's injuries were non-life threatening.
Prior to locating the pet, the pit bull's owners said the dog ran out the door and had not been seen since the incident.
Ventura County Animal Regulations officials said the incident appears to be an accident and not a dog attack.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 59 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 36 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 8 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)