Ventura County News
Pit bull under quarantine after biting boy's face in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A pit bull that bit a 2-year-old boy in the face in Oxnard on Sunday was under quarantine and in the custody of Ventura County Animal Services as of Tuesday, the Oxnard Police Department said.
The dog's owners said they were babysitting the 2-year-old at their home Sunday afternoon. The pit bull lunged for a piece of candy the boy was holding, but bit the boy's face in the process. The child's injuries were non-life threatening.
Prior to locating the pet, the pit bull's owners said the dog ran out the door and had not been seen since the incident.
Ventura County Animal Regulations officials said the incident appears to be an accident and not a dog attack.
dog attack, ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years 45 min ago
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video