Ventura County News
Sexual assault suspect sought by Ventura Police Dept.
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police are seeking a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman in Mission Park in Ventura in February.
Ventura police officers were called to Mission Park at 190 E. Main St. on Feb. 10 a report of an assault at about 6:50 p.m.
A female victim told police that when she entered the women's restroom at the park, she saw a man standing inside. She told the man he was in the women's restroom, police say, and the suspect walked out.
When the woman exited the restroom, according to police, the suspect struck the woman on the back of the head and in face. The woman was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center with minor injuries.
Subsequent investigation revealed the suspect also sexually assaulted the victim while she was in the restroom.
A composite sketch of the suspect was released. Police are requesting assistance in identifying the suspect. If you have information related to the case, contact the VPD at (805) 339-4416, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
sexual assault, ventura county news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- Jodi Arias pleads to jury for life sentence 11 min ago
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10 45 min ago