Ventura County News
Sexual assault suspect sought by Ventura Police Dept.
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police are seeking a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman in Mission Park in Ventura in February.
Ventura police officers were called to Mission Park at 190 E. Main St. on Feb. 10 a report of an assault at about 6:50 p.m.
A female victim told police that when she entered the women's restroom at the park, she saw a man standing inside. She told the man he was in the women's restroom, police say, and the suspect walked out.
When the woman exited the restroom, according to police, the suspect struck the woman on the back of the head and in face. The woman was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center with minor injuries.
Subsequent investigation revealed the suspect also sexually assaulted the victim while she was in the restroom.
A composite sketch of the suspect was released. Police are requesting assistance in identifying the suspect. If you have information related to the case, contact the VPD at (805) 339-4416, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
sexual assault, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 22 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 17 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)