Ventura County News
Oxnard New Year's Day shooting suspect sought
OXANRD, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who allegedly shot a 21-year-old woman just outside of her home in Oxnard on New Year's Day.
At about 2:30 a.m., the woman walked out of her residence on the 200 block of Riverpark Boulevard. She was confronted by a male suspect who shot her and fled the area.
The victim was hospitalized but has since been released.
Officers with the Oxnard Police Department responded to the scene and interviewed witnesses. Upon further investigation, detectives identified Alexander Joel Mendez, 27, as the suspect. A warrant for attempted homicide has been issued for his arrest. Authorities say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Mendez is described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He drives a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina with California license plate 2WCJ445.
If you have any information about this case or Mendez's whereabouts, you're urged to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 486-7386.
shooting, new year's day, ventura county news
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 48 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians