Ventura County News
Oxnard New Year's Day shooting suspect sought
OXANRD, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who allegedly shot a 21-year-old woman just outside of her home in Oxnard on New Year's Day.
At about 2:30 a.m., the woman walked out of her residence on the 200 block of Riverpark Boulevard. She was confronted by a male suspect who shot her and fled the area.
The victim was hospitalized but has since been released.
Officers with the Oxnard Police Department responded to the scene and interviewed witnesses. Upon further investigation, detectives identified Alexander Joel Mendez, 27, as the suspect. A warrant for attempted homicide has been issued for his arrest. Authorities say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Mendez is described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He drives a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina with California license plate 2WCJ445.
If you have any information about this case or Mendez's whereabouts, you're urged to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 486-7386.
shooting, new year's day, ventura county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 58 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan