Ventura County News
Oxnard New Year's Day shooting suspect sought
OXANRD, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a man who allegedly shot a 21-year-old woman just outside of her home in Oxnard on New Year's Day.
At about 2:30 a.m., the woman walked out of her residence on the 200 block of Riverpark Boulevard. She was confronted by a male suspect who shot her and fled the area.
The victim was hospitalized but has since been released.
Officers with the Oxnard Police Department responded to the scene and interviewed witnesses. Upon further investigation, detectives identified Alexander Joel Mendez, 27, as the suspect. A warrant for attempted homicide has been issued for his arrest. Authorities say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Mendez is described as a Hispanic male about 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He drives a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina with California license plate 2WCJ445.
If you have any information about this case or Mendez's whereabouts, you're urged to contact the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 486-7386.
shooting, new year's day, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 6 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 32 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
50 min ago