Ventura County News
Ventura County car thefts suspect caught
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in a string of car thefts in Ventura County is behind bars after police tracked him down at a Camarillo hotel.
Ventura detectives were investigating several similar stolen vehicle cases in April and identified 32-year-old Travis Threadgill as a likely suspect. On April 20, detectives spotted him driving one of the stolen cars on the east end of Ventura. Threadgill led officers in a pursuit, crashed the stolen car in Montalvo and fled on foot. He was able to evade capture.
As the investigation continued, authorities were able to connect even more stolen car cases to Threadgill. Friday, detectives tracked him down at a hotel on the 900 block of West Ventura Boulevard in Camarillo. He tried to run again - this time, even jumping from a second-story window. However, officers and K-9 units found him hiding in an ivy plant inside of a barbed wire fenced yard in the 1000 block of West Ventura Boulevard.
Threadgill was arrested and booked into Ventura County Jail for possession of a stolen vehicle, felony evading, resisting arrest, hit and run, possession for sales of methamphetamine and violation of parole.
robbery, ventura county news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 52 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 12 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role