Ventura County News
20th Century Fox studio executive reported missing
OAK HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a 20th Century Fox studio executive who went missing several days ago, and sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help to find him.
Gavin Smith, 57, was last seen between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday leaving a friend's house in Oak Park, along the southeastern border of Ventura and Los Angeles counties near Agoura Hills.
Smith was driving his black 2000 Mercedes-Benz 420E with storage racks on the roof, tinted windows and California license plate number 6EKT044. He has not been heard from since, and family members are concerned.
"My biggest concern is that he did not pick up his son, which he was supposed to pick up on Wednesday morning to take him to school, and that is a concern for me," said Tara Addeo, Smith's sister. She also says he is a responsible parent who would not abandon his family.
Smith's wife reported him missing on Wednesday. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department says they do not suspect foul play at this point.
He is described as 6 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 210 pounds with green eyes, gray hair with blond streaks and a goatee. He has a 5-inch scar on his calf and a 4-inch scar on his inner right wrist. Authorities said he was last seen wearing purple pants and black and gray shoes.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Smith has worked in Fox's movie distribution department for nearly 18 years. The Reporter said the executive works in Fox's Calabasas office and is the branch manager for theaters in Dallas and Oklahoma City.
Chris Aronson with 20th Century Fox said in statement that they are "extremely worried" about Smith and they are actively assisting the sheriff's search for him.
If you have any information about Smith's whereabouts, you're urged to contact detectives at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Clark's family has set up a website, FindGavinSmith.com, to help find him.
missing person, los angeles county sheriff's department, ventura county news, melissa macbride
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 27 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy