Ventura County News
Oxnard man arrested for fighting officer
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- An Oxnard man is behind bars for allegedly assaulting a police officer on Saturday afternoon.
Oxnard police were sent to the 2400 block of Saviers Road about 1:30 p.m. on a disturbance call after someone reported seeing a person yelling at and threatening children.
An officer tried to detain the suspect, 31-year-old Octavio Salgado. Salgado allegedly turned around and began fighting the officer, during which Salgado tried to take the officer's gun from his holster at least twice.
The officer called for backup and Salgado was taken into custody. Salgado was transported to the Ventura County Medical Center for treatment sustained during the arrest.
The officer was also treated for minor injuries at St. John's Hospital and later released.
According to police, more than 100 people who were at Centerpoint Mall at 2655 Saviers Rd. witnessed the incident.
Salgado was in custody at Ventura County Jail for numerous felony counts, including assault on a peace officer.
ventura county news
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 59 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama 25 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy