Ventura County News
Thomas Glancy, ex-Thousand Oaks mayor, dies
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Thomas Glancy, the former mayor of Thousand Oaks, has died after battling cancer. He was 71.
Glancy started serving on the City Council in 2005 and was elected mayor in 2009. He recently resigned from the council because of health reasons.
Glancy, who was a longtime dentist, is survived by his wife, four children and four grandchildren.
Details on a memorial service are set to be released next week.
ventura county news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies 18 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy