Ventura County News
Mother, 3 kids struck by van in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman and her three children were in the hospital after being struck by a van as they crossed the street in Thousand Oaks on Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the collision happened just before 2 p.m. in the 2600 block of Thousand Oaks Boulevard.
According to police, the woman and her four children, three walking and one in a stroller, were in a crosswalk controlled by traffic lights as the van approached them. The woman was able to push the stroller out of the way in time before she and her three other children were struck.
One child was seriously injured and was transported to Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. The mother and two children suffered less serious injuries. They were treated at the scene and transported to Los Robles as well.
A bystander held the child in the stroller until child protective services showed up.
The driver of the white van was taken into police custody.
ventura county news
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts 405 South lanes 41 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 55 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover 58 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle 9 min ago
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen 41 min ago
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video