Ventura County News
Nancy Reagan recovering after falling and breaking ribs in LA home
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Former first lady Nancy Reagan is recovering after she broke several ribs from falling inside her Los Angeles home.
The announcement of her injury was made Tuesday at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, where Regan was scheduled to attend a speech by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
Library executive director John Heubusch said Reagan could not attend the event because of her injury and that she was watching it on TV from home.
A spokesperson said the accident took place six weeks ago. The recovery process is slow and for the time being, Reagan is not allowed to attend large events.
The former first lady is 90-years-old.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, ventura county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake 25 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video