Ventura County News
Boy sexually assaulted at Oxnard Wal-Mart, police say
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a boy in an Oxnard Wal-Mart store.
Authorities said the alleged incident happened around 8 p.m. Friday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter store on the 2000 block of Rose Avenue. The boy told police he was in the electronics area when a man approached him and sexually assaulted him. Officials said the crime was caught on surveillance cameras.
Police arrested 39-year-old Juan Francisco Gonzalez of Oxnard the following evening when he arrived at the same store. An employee recognized him from the surveillance video and notified authorities.
A similar incident involving another child occurred at the Wal-Mart store in January. It was reported to police but no suspects were arrested in that case.
Anyone with information about these incidents or others that have yet to be reported to police was urged to call investigators at (805) 385-7740.
sex crimes, ventura county news
- OC sheriff's reserve sgt. found shot, beaten 15 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating 58 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale