Ventura County News
Boy sexually assaulted at Oxnard Wal-Mart, police say
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a boy in an Oxnard Wal-Mart store.
Authorities said the alleged incident happened around 8 p.m. Friday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter store on the 2000 block of Rose Avenue. The boy told police he was in the electronics area when a man approached him and sexually assaulted him. Officials said the crime was caught on surveillance cameras.
Police arrested 39-year-old Juan Francisco Gonzalez of Oxnard the following evening when he arrived at the same store. An employee recognized him from the surveillance video and notified authorities.
A similar incident involving another child occurred at the Wal-Mart store in January. It was reported to police but no suspects were arrested in that case.
Anyone with information about these incidents or others that have yet to be reported to police was urged to call investigators at (805) 385-7740.
sex crimes, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 26 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere