Ventura County News
3 kids in rip current rescued off Marina Park
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three children stuck in a developing rip current off Marina Park in Ventura were rescued by firefighters.
A unit from the Ventura Fire Department was on a routine trip in the area at about 2 p.m. Wednesday when they spotted the children in distress. A fire department rescue swimmer was able to save the kids, who were caught in a rip current and being pulled away from the beach.
Paramedics checked the children following the incident. No one was injured.
rescue, ventura county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide