Ventura County News
Woman found stabbed to death in Simi Valley
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way on Friday after a woman was found stabbed to death in a home in Simi Valley.
Authorities say a friend found the victim, identified as a 65-year-old Janice Somple, just before 8 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Carmen Drive. The retired teacher had been stabbed multiple times, according to police.
Simi Valley Police Sgt. Craig Dungan said there is no motive or suspects at this time.
Simi Valley is considered to be one of the safest cities in America. Residents in the area were shaken up to hear news of the murder.
"I've grown up and lived in this neighborhood my whole life. It's just tragedy. Nothing like this has happened before," said Joe Crum of Simi Valley.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news, leo stallworth
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy