Ventura County News
Simi Valley stabbing murder victim likely targeted
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- The stabbing murder of a retired teacher in Simi Valley may not have been a random killing, police say.
Janice Somple, 65, was found stabbed to death in her home on Thursday night. Her body was discovered by a friend, who reported the crime to police. Authorities interviewed that friend and determined he was not involved in the incident.
After finishing their on-scene investigation, detectives said they found evidence that indicates Somple was deliberately targeted, and that the investigation is taking them out of Simi Valley.
The killing has shaken up Simi Valley, considered one of the safest cities in the country.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 17 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site 35 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
57 min ago