Ventura County News
Simi Valley stabbing murder victim likely targeted
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- The stabbing murder of a retired teacher in Simi Valley may not have been a random killing, police say.
Janice Somple, 65, was found stabbed to death in her home on Thursday night. Her body was discovered by a friend, who reported the crime to police. Authorities interviewed that friend and determined he was not involved in the incident.
After finishing their on-scene investigation, detectives said they found evidence that indicates Somple was deliberately targeted, and that the investigation is taking them out of Simi Valley.
The killing has shaken up Simi Valley, considered one of the safest cities in the country.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 23 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 7 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)