Ventura County News
Simi Valley stabbing murder victim likely targeted
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- The stabbing murder of a retired teacher in Simi Valley may not have been a random killing, police say.
Janice Somple, 65, was found stabbed to death in her home on Thursday night. Her body was discovered by a friend, who reported the crime to police. Authorities interviewed that friend and determined he was not involved in the incident.
After finishing their on-scene investigation, detectives said they found evidence that indicates Somple was deliberately targeted, and that the investigation is taking them out of Simi Valley.
The killing has shaken up Simi Valley, considered one of the safest cities in the country.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2