Ventura County News
1 shot, 1 beaten on Paseo Esmeralda in Thousand Oaks
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and another man was severely beaten Sunday night in Thousand Oaks.
Thousand Oaks police officers received a disturbance call from the 600 block of Paseo Esmeralda at 11:35 p.m. Sunday. Officers found two men at the scene. One man had been severely beaten. The other had a gunshot wound to his foot.
Both victims were taken to Los Robles Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.
No suspects were immediately identified.
One victim is a 26-year-old Hispanic man; the other is a 20-year-old Hispanic man. Both are Thousand Oaks residents.
The Thousand Oaks Police Department is requesting the public's assistance in this case. Anyone who may have information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Dillan Alvarez (Spanish: 805-371-8338) or Detective Todd Welty (805-494-8224).
Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime. The caller may remain anonymous. The call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
shooting, ventura county news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family 18 min ago
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 31 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 40 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 29 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list