Ventura County News
Oxnard nursery catches fire, causes $30,000 in damage
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire erupted at a nursery in Oxnard Monday night, causing $30,000 in damage.
The fire happened at the 4000 block of Dodge Road just before 8 p.m. Four fire engines, a truck and two battalion chiefs responded to the blaze.
Fire officials say plastic plant trays stacked 10 feet high and 40 feet in length were placed in between two greenhouses and somehow caught fire. It was not immediately known what caused the trays to catch fire.
Officials say the blaze does appear to be suspicious. No one was injured.
fire, ventura county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 1 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 7 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis