Ventura County News
Ventura apartment fire gives teen 2nd-degree burns
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was treated for second-degree burns to his hands and face after an explosion and fire at an apartment building in Ventura.
The blaze erupted Wednesday on the 700 block of South Hill Street. Crews arrived to find a downstairs unit on fire.
The apartment above the burning unit also suffered smoke and heat damage. The rest of the units were OK.
The cause of the fire was under investigation. Estimated damage is $100,000.
explosion, fire, ventura county news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family 49 min ago
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list