Ventura County News
Ventura apartment fire gives teen 2nd-degree burns
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was treated for second-degree burns to his hands and face after an explosion and fire at an apartment building in Ventura.
The blaze erupted Wednesday on the 700 block of South Hill Street. Crews arrived to find a downstairs unit on fire.
The apartment above the burning unit also suffered smoke and heat damage. The rest of the units were OK.
The cause of the fire was under investigation. Estimated damage is $100,000.
explosion, fire, ventura county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 36 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 27 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds