Ventura County News
1 killed, 1 wounded in suspected gang-related shooting in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- One man was killed and another critically injured in a suspected gang-related shooting in Oxnard on Monday.
Officers received multiple 911 calls just before 9 p.m. reporting several gunshots fired near Greenbrook Drive and O'Neill Place. When they arrived at the scene, officers found a 19-year-old man deceased and another 22-year-old man suffering from several gunshot wounds to his body. The 22-year-old was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery and is currently listed in critical condition.
According to preliminary reports, the two victims were attacked by multiple individuals. The victims' names were withheld pending notification of family.
A motive for the shooting was not known, however investigators believe it was gang-related and are trying to piece together which parties are gang affiliates.
There was also no suspect information.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting was urged to call Oxnard police at (805) 385-7650. Those wishing to remain anonymous may call the Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477, or submit a tip via text or online at www.VenturaCountyCrimeStoppers.org.
shooting, ventura county news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 46 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list