Ventura County News
Man, 5 boys allegedly rob teen girl with shotgun at Simi Valley park
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man and five boys were arrested Sunday on suspicion of robbing a teenage girl with a shotgun at a park in Simi Valley.
Simi Valley police said they received a call about a robbery at Rancho Simi Park at 1765 Royal Ave. about 1:15 a.m. When officers arrived, a 16-year-old girl said she had been robbed of her iPod and purse at gunpoint by six suspects.
Police searched the area and found the suspects in the Arroyo wash next to the park. Officers arrested the suspects and said they recovered the weapon used in the crime.
Chad Skogrand, 21, of Simi Valley was charged with robbery, conspiracy, street terrorism and sexual battery. He was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail.
The five other suspects, all ages 16 and 17 and all from Simi Valley except for one from Los Angeles, were charged with robbery and conspiracy. Their names were withheld because they are minors. They were booked at Ventura County Juvenile Hall.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 26 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 1 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)