Ventura County News
Man, 5 boys allegedly rob teen girl with shotgun at Simi Valley park
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man and five boys were arrested Sunday on suspicion of robbing a teenage girl with a shotgun at a park in Simi Valley.
Simi Valley police said they received a call about a robbery at Rancho Simi Park at 1765 Royal Ave. about 1:15 a.m. When officers arrived, a 16-year-old girl said she had been robbed of her iPod and purse at gunpoint by six suspects.
Police searched the area and found the suspects in the Arroyo wash next to the park. Officers arrested the suspects and said they recovered the weapon used in the crime.
Chad Skogrand, 21, of Simi Valley was charged with robbery, conspiracy, street terrorism and sexual battery. He was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail.
The five other suspects, all ages 16 and 17 and all from Simi Valley except for one from Los Angeles, were charged with robbery and conspiracy. Their names were withheld because they are minors. They were booked at Ventura County Juvenile Hall.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed 27 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 19 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10