Ventura County News
Man, 5 boys allegedly rob teen girl with shotgun at Simi Valley park
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man and five boys were arrested Sunday on suspicion of robbing a teenage girl with a shotgun at a park in Simi Valley.
Simi Valley police said they received a call about a robbery at Rancho Simi Park at 1765 Royal Ave. about 1:15 a.m. When officers arrived, a 16-year-old girl said she had been robbed of her iPod and purse at gunpoint by six suspects.
Police searched the area and found the suspects in the Arroyo wash next to the park. Officers arrested the suspects and said they recovered the weapon used in the crime.
Chad Skogrand, 21, of Simi Valley was charged with robbery, conspiracy, street terrorism and sexual battery. He was booked at the Ventura County Main Jail.
The five other suspects, all ages 16 and 17 and all from Simi Valley except for one from Los Angeles, were charged with robbery and conspiracy. Their names were withheld because they are minors. They were booked at Ventura County Juvenile Hall.
arrest, robbery, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis