Ventura County News
Transient man stabbed in Ventura street fight
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police received a 911 report of a stabbing at 3:04 p.m. Friday. The stabbing was reported near the intersection of Santa Clara and Figueroa streets.
Officers found 44-year-old Eric Hurse, a transient Ventura man, bleeding profusely with significant stab wounds to his forearm.
Hurse told police he was in an argument with another Ventura homeless man, 43-year-old John Wood, that led to the stabbing. Wood then fled the scene, Hurse told police. Hurse said he called police about 30 minutes later.
Hurse was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center and treated for a significant but not life-threatening wound.
Officers located Wood at a homeless encampment and took him into custody after a brief struggle. Wood was briefly treated at VCMC, then booked at Ventura County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon. No officers were injured in the incident.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board 56 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy