Ventura County News
Transient man stabbed in Ventura street fight
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police received a 911 report of a stabbing at 3:04 p.m. Friday. The stabbing was reported near the intersection of Santa Clara and Figueroa streets.
Officers found 44-year-old Eric Hurse, a transient Ventura man, bleeding profusely with significant stab wounds to his forearm.
Hurse told police he was in an argument with another Ventura homeless man, 43-year-old John Wood, that led to the stabbing. Wood then fled the scene, Hurse told police. Hurse said he called police about 30 minutes later.
Hurse was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center and treated for a significant but not life-threatening wound.
Officers located Wood at a homeless encampment and took him into custody after a brief struggle. Wood was briefly treated at VCMC, then booked at Ventura County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon. No officers were injured in the incident.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 8 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 1 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 34 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 56 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- New technology monitors pet fitness
19 min ago