Ventura County News
Transient man stabbed in Ventura street fight
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police received a 911 report of a stabbing at 3:04 p.m. Friday. The stabbing was reported near the intersection of Santa Clara and Figueroa streets.
Officers found 44-year-old Eric Hurse, a transient Ventura man, bleeding profusely with significant stab wounds to his forearm.
Hurse told police he was in an argument with another Ventura homeless man, 43-year-old John Wood, that led to the stabbing. Wood then fled the scene, Hurse told police. Hurse said he called police about 30 minutes later.
Hurse was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center and treated for a significant but not life-threatening wound.
Officers located Wood at a homeless encampment and took him into custody after a brief struggle. Wood was briefly treated at VCMC, then booked at Ventura County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon. No officers were injured in the incident.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 6 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts