Ventura County News
Transient man stabbed in Ventura street fight
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Ventura Police received a 911 report of a stabbing at 3:04 p.m. Friday. The stabbing was reported near the intersection of Santa Clara and Figueroa streets.
Officers found 44-year-old Eric Hurse, a transient Ventura man, bleeding profusely with significant stab wounds to his forearm.
Hurse told police he was in an argument with another Ventura homeless man, 43-year-old John Wood, that led to the stabbing. Wood then fled the scene, Hurse told police. Hurse said he called police about 30 minutes later.
Hurse was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center and treated for a significant but not life-threatening wound.
Officers located Wood at a homeless encampment and took him into custody after a brief struggle. Wood was briefly treated at VCMC, then booked at Ventura County Jail for assault with a deadly weapon. No officers were injured in the incident.
stabbing, arrest, ventura county news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)