Ventura County News
Nook Tablet robbery suspect on the loose
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a robbery suspect who took a man's Nook Tablet as he walked down a Ventura street.
The incident occurred Monday at about 9:20 p.m. as 20-year-old Justice Cloney was walking in the 1100 block of South Victoria Avenue. Cloney was wearing a backpack and was carrying a Nook Tablet when he says he was approached from behind by 19-year-old Ventura resident Cody Gibbs and an unknown person.
The unknown person grabbed Cloney's Nook and Cloney chased the person down. As he was running, Gibbs grabbed Cloney by his backpack, punched him in the face and demanded Cloney's iPod and wallet. Cloney refused to hand them over, fled on foot and called the police.
Authorities later spotted Gibbs and another unknown person at a nearby park. Gibbs was arrested for the robbery. The second person was not identified as a suspect, but was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
The unknown robbery suspect remains on the loose. He is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest could result in a cash reward of up to $1,000.
robbery, arrest, ventura county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 38 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 33 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago