Ventura County News
Teen arrested for robbery, attempted rape in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old suspect was quickly arrested for robbing and attempting to sexually assault a woman in Ventura on Tuesday.
Authorities say the victim was sitting in her car with the door open in the 200 block of East Main Street at about 9 p.m. when a suspect approached her and threatened her with a skateboard. When he demanded her money and cellphone, the victim initially told the suspect she had no money.
Police say the suspect then threatened her again and sexually assaulted her. He also told her that they were going to have sex in a nearby park.
The victim gave the suspect her cellphone and a small amount of change, and then was able to run away to alert authorities. The suspect also fled the area on foot.
An officer found a man matching the suspect's description a short time later in the 200 block of East Santa Clara Street. He was booked for attempted rape, robbery and vandalism.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4343.
arrest, ventura county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut