Ventura County News
Oxnard man shot, critically injured; suspect sought
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard police need the public's help in trying to figure out why a 27-year-old Oxnard man was shot.
The man was shot in the 200 block of East Dollie Street on Thursday around 9:30 p.m. When police arrived on the scene, they noticed a car driving away at high speeds. Police gave chase when the car failed to pull over. The driver eventually stopped at the emergency room at St. John's Regional Medical Center and was later identified as the victim's friend.
The victim was in critical condition and had to undergo emergency surgery. He is listed in critical but stable condition.
Police do not have a suspect or a motive for the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, ventura county news
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 28 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 25 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 14 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 19 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis