Ventura County News
Ventura man stabbed in fight outside residence
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Ventura man was stabbed outside his residence by an unidentified assailant Sunday.
Christopher Evans, 27, arrived at the Ventura County Medical Center with several non-life-threatening stab wounds.
A Ventura police officer investigating the incident talked to Evans, who said he had been involved in physical altercation outside his residence on the 400 block of Hurst Avenue hours earlier, before showing up at the hospital at 6:07 p.m. Evans told the officer that the suspect stabbed him repeatedly in the back and arm, then fled.
Ventura Police did not identify the suspect pending further investigation.
Evans was treated for his injuries and released.
No arrests were made as of Tuesday. The investigation into this incident is ongoing. Anyone with information related to this crime is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4343, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. If your information leads to an arrest, you could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.
stabbing, ventura county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 19 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role