Ventura County News
Oxnard shooting suspect arrested after brief standoff
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A shooting suspect in Oxnard was arrested after he holed up in a home in an effort to evade police officers.
Authorities received reports of shots fired at about 7:40 p.m. in the 700 block of Cedar Street. Responding officers spoke to a witness in the area, who told them a man fired several shots at a car and then fled. The witness said the suspect ran into a home in the 1400 block of South F Street.
Officers surrounded the home and told its occupants to get out. Two residents exited and told police that a man was in their home. They said they did not know who the man was. When the suspect refused to come out, the SWAT team was called. After a 30-minute standoff, the suspect, identified as Ricardo Garcia, finally got out and was arrested without further incident.
When officers searched the residence, they found a firearm and bullets inside. None of the residents were injured.
Garcia, 24, was booked at the Ventura County Jail for various weapon violations.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Detective Cody Collet at (805) 486-6228 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
shooting, standoff, arrest, ventura county news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 10 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- California lawmakers, governor get pay raise
46 min ago