Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested on felony warrant
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley man wanted on a felony warrant was arrested Saturday night after leading police on a brief foot pursuit, authorities said.
Officers arrived to a home in the 2100 block of Morley Street just before 10:30 p.m. to serve the warrant for 25-year-old Jonathon Verhagen, according to Simi Valley police.
Verhagen allegedly fled from the home on foot, jumping over several fences and running through backyards.
Police said they set up a perimeter and searched the area with the help of a police K-9. Forty-five minutes later, Verhagen was found in a backyard and take into custody. Police said they recovered a stolen firearm from a nearby backyard.
Verhagen was taken to Simi Valley Hospital for treatment of minor bite from the police dog. He was later booked into jail for being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property and a felony warrant.
arrest, ventura county news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 8 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested 53 min ago
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested