Ventura County News
Simi Valley man arrested on felony warrant
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Simi Valley man wanted on a felony warrant was arrested Saturday night after leading police on a brief foot pursuit, authorities said.
Officers arrived to a home in the 2100 block of Morley Street just before 10:30 p.m. to serve the warrant for 25-year-old Jonathon Verhagen, according to Simi Valley police.
Verhagen allegedly fled from the home on foot, jumping over several fences and running through backyards.
Police said they set up a perimeter and searched the area with the help of a police K-9. Forty-five minutes later, Verhagen was found in a backyard and take into custody. Police said they recovered a stolen firearm from a nearby backyard.
Verhagen was taken to Simi Valley Hospital for treatment of minor bite from the police dog. He was later booked into jail for being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property and a felony warrant.
arrest, ventura county news
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 52 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed, 1 injured in San Clemente crash 45 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?