Ventura County News
Volkswagen test center to open in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A new $27 million Volkswagen center will open its doors Monday in Oxnard.
It is called Test Center California and is one of the most advanced powertrain development emission test centers in the world.
The 64,000-square-foot facility is expected to be fully operational this fall. It will employ 50 people and plans to continue growing during the coming years.
The Oxnard facility will be the only Volkswagen group research and development center of its kind in North America.
ventura county news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road 1 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross 59 min ago
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 57 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Deputy-involved shooting in Compton; man dead 23 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 47 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews