Ventura County News
Volkswagen test center to open in Oxnard
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A new $27 million Volkswagen center will open its doors Monday in Oxnard.
It is called Test Center California and is one of the most advanced powertrain development emission test centers in the world.
The 64,000-square-foot facility is expected to be fully operational this fall. It will employ 50 people and plans to continue growing during the coming years.
The Oxnard facility will be the only Volkswagen group research and development center of its kind in North America.
ventura county news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 57 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)