Ventura County News
Metrolink train hits big rig near Camarillo; 2 injured
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Metrolink train struck a big rig on the tracks near Camarillo on Friday morning.
The crash happened around 5:50 a.m. at the intersection of Fifth Street and Pleasant Valley Road. Officials said the driver of the big rig and a passenger from the train were injured. Their conditions were not immediately known.
According to investigators, the train was traveling east when the semi-truck turned toward a field. The driver apparently did not see the train, which was able to slow down, but not in time to avoid the crash.
The big rig was carrying 10 canisters of methlyl bromide, each weighing about 450 pounds. No spills were reported.
Alternate buses were called in for the passengers on the train. Commuters were told to expect service delays on the Ventura line.
metrolink, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour