Ventura County News
Metrolink train hits big rig near Camarillo; 2 injured
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Metrolink train struck a big rig on the tracks near Camarillo on Friday morning.
The crash happened around 5:50 a.m. at the intersection of Fifth Street and Pleasant Valley Road. Officials said the driver of the big rig and a passenger from the train were injured. Their conditions were not immediately known.
According to investigators, the train was traveling east when the semi-truck turned toward a field. The driver apparently did not see the train, which was able to slow down, but not in time to avoid the crash.
The big rig was carrying 10 canisters of methlyl bromide, each weighing about 450 pounds. No spills were reported.
Alternate buses were called in for the passengers on the train. Commuters were told to expect service delays on the Ventura line.
metrolink, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 54 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry