Ventura County News
Suspected drunk driver slams into Progressive Auto Insurance in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver crashed into a building in Ventura on Monday, destroying nearly everything inside Progressive Auto Insurance.
Investigators say the man was driving erratically and speeding when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and ended up crashing through the business on Thompson Boulevard at 9:20 p.m.
No one was seriously hurt. The 24-year-old man from Oxnard was arrested for misdemeanor DUI and booked into Ventura County Jail.
Authorities say the damage to the structure is estimated at $50,000.
accident, dui, arrest, ventura county news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 50 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 29 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour