Ventura County News
Suspected drunk driver slams into Progressive Auto Insurance in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver crashed into a building in Ventura on Monday, destroying nearly everything inside Progressive Auto Insurance.
Investigators say the man was driving erratically and speeding when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and ended up crashing through the business on Thompson Boulevard at 9:20 p.m.
No one was seriously hurt. The 24-year-old man from Oxnard was arrested for misdemeanor DUI and booked into Ventura County Jail.
Authorities say the damage to the structure is estimated at $50,000.
accident, dui, arrest, ventura county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 49 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race 41 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10