Ventura County News
Suspected drunk driver slams into Progressive Auto Insurance in Ventura
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver crashed into a building in Ventura on Monday, destroying nearly everything inside Progressive Auto Insurance.
Investigators say the man was driving erratically and speeding when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and ended up crashing through the business on Thompson Boulevard at 9:20 p.m.
No one was seriously hurt. The 24-year-old man from Oxnard was arrested for misdemeanor DUI and booked into Ventura County Jail.
Authorities say the damage to the structure is estimated at $50,000.
accident, dui, arrest, ventura county news
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 42 min ago
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones 8 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale