Ventura County News
Thousand Oaks parents warned of suspicious man approaching girls near school
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Parents in Thousand Oaks are being warned of a suspicious man who has approached a least three girls and offered them money.
Around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a teenage girl was walking home from Thousand Oaks High School when a black pick-up truck pulled up next to her. Police say the man inside offered her money.
The next day, two girls skateboarding near a CVS drugstore a few blocks from Newbury Park High School were approached by a black truck. Again, the male driver offered them money.
Students learned about the incident on social media. Word of the encounters has made the community nervous.
"It's scary and kind of weird that it's so close to home and where we are, so it's just creepy that people are out here and doing it close to schools," said student Sarah Marshall.
In both incidents, the girls escaped unharmed. Authorities don't have a description of the suspect, but they want parents and children to be aware of the potential danger.
Anybody with information about the suspect should call the Thousand Oaks Police Department.
school, ventura county news, amy powell
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 35 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 10 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 3 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 4 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 1 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months