Ventura County News
Ventura County sheriff's deputy OK after car flips over
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A sheriff's deputy in Ventura County escaped a frightening crash Saturday night after his patrol car flipped over while responding to a call.
The crash happened just after 8:30 p.m. at Arneill and east Las Posas roads in Camarillo. The deputy was responding to a fight call with the lights and siren on, but the patrol unit flipped over.
Firefighters had to extricate the deputy. He was not injured but was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Another vehicle was also involved. The passengers were also taken to the hospital. None of them was injured.
The deputy was riding in a Camarillo police car because the city of Camarillo has a contract with Ventura County Sheriff's.
ventura county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'