Ventura County News
Small boat capsizes off Oxnard coast
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A small boat tipped over off the coast of Oxnard on Sunday night, but its occupants made it to shore without major injuries, authorities said.
The Ventura County Sheriff's Department said two leisure boats from the Los Angeles area were traveling together near the coast of Fifth Street and Harbor Boulevard. They were on their way back from a fishing expedition when one of them had a mechanical issue, got too close to shore and capsized. The other boat stopped to help and somehow ended up on the beach as well.
Authorities said all 14 people on board the vessels were accounted for.
Several ambulances responded to the scene, but it was not known whether anyone was taken to the hospital. Rescuers said there were no major injuries.
ventura county news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 11 min ago
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians