Ventura County News
Man arrested for 1980 murder of Oxnard teen
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-year-old man from Fairfield, Ala., has been arrested for the 1980 murder of a 15-year-old Oxnard girl.
Authorities say Stacy Knappenberger was found dead in her home in the 5300 block of South J Street in Oxnard on July 30, 1980. She had multiple stab wounds, and investigators also believed she had been sexually assaulted.
The Oxnard Police Department conducted an extensive investigation, but was unable to make an arrest. The case was re-examined in 2000, and then two years later, a DNA match identified Thomas Young as the suspect.
Young was taken into custody on Thursday and was booked at the Jefferson County Jail. He is currently awaiting extradition to Ventura County.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to call Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
murder, homicide investigation, arrest, ventura county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)