Ventura County News
Carjacking suspect leads Oxnard police on chase
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man suspected of carjacking another man lead police in Oxnard on a brief pursuit near Durley Park early Sunday.
The car was first reported stolen at 12:24 a.m. The victim said he was in his vehicle when he was approached by the suspect, 22-year-old Eduardo Garcia. The victim said Garcia was armed with a knife. Fearing for his safety, the victim said he fled from his car and Garcia drove off. The victim quickly notified police and was not injured.
Two officers located the vehicle a short time later near Pleasant Valley Road and C Street. They tried to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle, but police say Garcia drove off and a chase briefly ensued. It ended when the car crashed into a street sign.
Police said Garcia then fled from the vehicle and was apprehended a short distance away. He was arrested for carjacking, felony evading and driving under the influence. He was later booked into Ventura County Jail.
Garcia was not injured. A knife was found in the vehicle.
car chase, car crash, ventura county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 4 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 46 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 50 min ago
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months