Ventura County News
Carjacking suspect leads Oxnard police on chase
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man suspected of carjacking another man lead police in Oxnard on a brief pursuit near Durley Park early Sunday.
The car was first reported stolen at 12:24 a.m. The victim said he was in his vehicle when he was approached by the suspect, 22-year-old Eduardo Garcia. The victim said Garcia was armed with a knife. Fearing for his safety, the victim said he fled from his car and Garcia drove off. The victim quickly notified police and was not injured.
Two officers located the vehicle a short time later near Pleasant Valley Road and C Street. They tried to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle, but police say Garcia drove off and a chase briefly ensued. It ended when the car crashed into a street sign.
Police said Garcia then fled from the vehicle and was apprehended a short distance away. He was arrested for carjacking, felony evading and driving under the influence. He was later booked into Ventura County Jail.
Garcia was not injured. A knife was found in the vehicle.
car chase, car crash, ventura county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son