Ventura County News
Oxnard police warn residents to lock vehicles
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oxnard police are reminding residents to keep their vehicles locked and secured at all times after a recent car theft in the area.
Officials said they were called to the 400 block of North G Street Sunday morning regarding a stolen car. The victim had left her 1990 Honda Accord parked and unlocked on the street in front of her home.
The victim said she heard noises outside, looked out her window and saw the suspect driving away with her car. She immediately called police.
Officers located and pulled over the stolen Honda near the intersection of Oxnard Boulevard and Fourth Street. They arrested the 17-year-old driver. Officials said the suspect used a shaved key to start the engine. He was charged with operating a stolen vehicle and possession of burglary tools.
ventura county news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms 45 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama 8 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'