Ventura County News
Man shot in face in Oxnard; green SUV sought
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot on the 5300 block of Charles Street in Oxnard Tuesday night. Police are looking for the suspect.
Oxnard police officers were called about 10 p.m. Tuesday by a report of a shooting victim in the street.
The 23-year-old Hispanic male victim was shot once in the face.
A suspect allegedly followed the victim in a green SUV to the location near Charles and Clara streets, where he confronted the victim, according to police.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male about 19 or 20 years old, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds, with a shaved head, wearing a black and gray flannel shirt.
The victim was hospitalized at Ventura County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition Wednesday.
Police are seeking a green GMC Jimmy or Chevrolet S-10 Blazer with four doors.
Anyone with information related to this incident should contact the Oxnard Police Dept. at (805) 385-7600.
shooting, ventura county news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 50 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested 8 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy